It’s that time of year again…even though the weather sure isn’t acting like it around here, our calendars are saying it’s spring. And that means a little deep cleaning, de-cluttering and organizing is happening! Or should be happening! It gets a little hard to be motivated to clean when you feel like you should still be cuddled up by the fire under a pile of blankets. Oh spring weather, hurry and show up here please!
If you haven’t started your spring cleaning yet, or are struggling to get motivated, we’re dedicating this week on The Merrythought to cleaning and organizing, so pull out those sponges and mops and get going!
This morning, we’re sharing a few tips that we’ve found useful when we’re cleaning and organizing.
Spring cleaning tips:
- Make a list of the jobs you want to accomplish – check them off as you go.
- Think about things you don’t normally clean: polish silver, wash windows, wash your blinds, wipe down lamp shades and lightbulbs, wipe walls and baseboards.
- Start with a closet. It’s a smaller space that can be done faster. Get rid of things!!
- Pick up and remove clutter from a room before you start cleaning. Have two bags or boxes with you…one for things to throw away and one for things to donate.
- Use the buddy system. Working with a friend or spouse will make the job go faster and seem a lot more fun. Plus it’s handy when you need to move heavy furniture (vacuum under that couch!).
- Remember to check the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors!
Have you done any spring cleaning yet? Any good tips or helpful tricks you use while cleaning?
Happy cleaning! xo. Marla, Manda and Caitlin