I’ve been working on making some fun, nature inspired gifts for friends and family. Today I’ll be sharing how to make leather bound sketchbooks! These DIY faux leather sketchbooks are such a great gift for little artists in your life. You can also switch it out for lined paper and it’s perfect for the writers! I used suede and vinyl because that’s what I had on hand, but with a heavy duty needle, you could use real leather as well!
You can pick from many different colors and shades when you use the sueded and faux leather vinyls. Then a little wrapped leather cord and beads and accessories can make them a bit more personalized.
What you’ll need:
– Leather, vinyl, or suede – or whatever sturdy fabric you have on hand.
– Paper – I used sketchbook paper.
– Sewing machine.
– Assorted leather/suede cord, feathers, beads, etc.
How to make a DIY Leather Sketchbook:
– Cut leather [or fabric of choice] into desired size.
– Cut paper about 1/8″ around smaller than the size of the cover leaving 2 inches extra cover on right side for the flap.
– Use sewing machine to sew down the middle of the paper and through the cover. i also sewed the edges of the suede to prevent fraying.
– Wrap with leather cord and whatever else you want to adorn your little book!